The Miller Lite Leagues in Point Pleasant are back for another year! We have competitive and recreational divisions so everyone can play!
Check out what Don Blair, a long time league player, has to say about the competitive 6s league!
How long has your team, Pillar 360, been playing the GAV Competitive Coed 6s League?
- Since it's inception in 2016!
How did you get started playing volleyball?
- A friend asked me to fill in for someone who couldn't make a game and later I was asked to join the team.
How did you decide on Pillar 360 as your team name?
- It comes from the anchoring system, Pillar 360. Most of the team participates in a fitness class using the system.
How do you know all your teammates?
- I met most of them playing in different volleyball leagues.
Does your team do anything specific before or after games?
- Before every game we usually have some comical texts to see who can make each game.
Who has the best serve on your team?
- It's hard to pick who has the best serve, but I like the deceptive serve Glenn has. It's like the ball is attached to a string and when it gets to you it dies.
Will you be signing up for the Competitive Coed 6s in Point Pleasant again this year?
- Can't wait to get started to play! It's such a friendly and competitive atmosphere.
If you're interested in entering a team, GAV offers recreational and competitive 6s, 4s, and 2s in Point Pleasant and Bradley Beach. Check out the information under the League tab. Registration ends 5/15!