Grass Tournament Information
All grass tournaments are doubles teams only unless otherwise specified.
Grass tournaments feature big court and sideout scoring. See below for additional rules.
Coed divisions are reverse coed.
What do you get for your entry fee?
- Event T-shirts included!
- Great competition with players from all over the region
- Play on the highest quality equipment made
- Fruit and water in our players tent (while supplies last)
- Chance to win awesome prizes supplied by our sponsors and GAV gear
- Food and drink specials at Signature events
Obtain a Volley America Membership prior to registering for any GAV event.
All participants in Great American Volleyball events must be Volley America members.
Memberships can be purchased online for $15 and are valid for 365 from the date of purchase.
Volley America members receive the following benefits:
- Included in the $50,000 Volley America Grand Prix
- Participation in our National Ranking System
- Access to all Great American Volleyball and other Volley America events nationwide.
- Accident/Medical Insurance
- Access to any of our various e-Newsletters
*Please be familiar with the policies below as they are important guidelines for check-in, refund, cancellations, and unexpected events.
- Check-in Policies
- Check-in for Saturday tournaments is from 800am-830am
- Check-in for Sunday tournaments is from 830am-900am
- You may lose your spot in the tournament if you check-in after 8:30am on Saturday and after 9:00am on Sunday
- You will pay a $10 Late Fee if you check-in after 8:30am
- Online Registration closes at 3pm the Friday prior to the event.
- Entry Policies
- No Phone/E-Mail Entries will be accepted unless there is an issue with our website
- The office closes at 3 PM on Fridays. Any emails or voicemails after 3pm on Fridays will not be received until Monday morning
- Remember: You may register on site at the event if there is room and if you arrive early enough at check-in but it will increase your fee by an additional $10
- Inclement Weather
- Please check our Facebook page by 6:00am the day of the tournament for weather related updates. If you do not see a cancellation post by 6am, you should plan to play!
- In the event that we do cancel an event PRIOR to the start, due to a hurricane, severe lightning or a similar weather condition, full refunds will be given to those who paid online. Once the event begins, refunds will NOT be issued.
- We will post on our Facebook page and email each registrant to advise you of any cancellations. We will not make a decision on a cancellation anytime prior to 6am the day of the event. Weather is unpredictable and we want to make sure that we are making the right call.
- Please do not contact us with cancellation questions. We will contact you.
- Refund Policies
- There are no refunds, except for official event cancellations PRIOR to the start of an event.
- Refunds will not be given for late arrivals under any circumstances.
- Refunds will not be given once an event starts.
- Divisions/Levels of Play:
Open: The strongest level of play.
AA: "AA" players have strong all-round skills and planned strategies. Very competitive
A: "A" players are moderately experienced and can pass, set and spike consistently.
B: For beginner to intermediate, New to beach volleyball or want a more recreational level
We only allow men's teams to play men's, women's teams to play women's, and coed teams to play coed.
2018 Fees (per team of 2):
Early Bird Registration
Juniors, B, A, AA
|Discounted Rates may apply at some 2018 GAV Grass Series events!|
Great American Volleyball tournament entry fees vary depending on when a team signs up for an event. We encourage early sign-ups because it greatly enhances our preparations for an event. Our entry fees are based on 3 tiers:
- Early Bird - Teams that sign up before midnight on the Tuesday prior to the event.
- Pre-Registration - Teams that sign up after midnight on Tuesday, but before 3:00pm on the Friday prior to an event.
- Walk-On - Teams can sign up on the day of the event but they will not be guaranteed a spot in the event.
GAV Grass Series Rules
- Sideout scoring/big court
- No let serve allowed
- No open hand dinks
- Block does not count as a team touch
- You may double any first ball over the net (including serve receive) provided the ball is not controlled with the fingertips (a setting motion). If the ball is controlled with the fingertips, it may not be a double.
There are no products listed under this category.