All tournaments are doubles teams only unless otherwise specified. The price is per team. Obtain a Volley America Membership prior to registering for any GAV event.All participants in Great American Volleyball events must be Volley America members. Memberships can be purchased online for $15 and are valid for 365 from the date of purchase. Volley America members receive the following benefits:
Great American Volleyball tournament entry fees vary depending on when a team signs up for an event. We encourage early sign-ups because it greatly enhances our preparations for an event. Our entry fees are based on 3 tiers:
- Included in the $50,000 Volley America Grand Prix
- Participation in our National Ranking System
- Access to all Great American Volleyball and other Volley America events nationwide.
- Accident/Medical Insurance
- Access to any of our various e-Newsletters
- Beach access and parking fees are NOT included in a tournament entry fee.
- Check-in Policies
- Check-in for Saturday tournaments is from 800am-830am
- Check-in for Sunday tournaments is from 830am-900am
- You may lose your spot in the tournament if you check-in after 8:30am on Saturday and after 9:00am on Sunday
- You will pay a $10 Late Fee if you check-in after 8:30am
- Online Registration closes at 3pm the Friday prior to the event.
- Entry Policies
- No Phone/E-Mail Entries will be accepted unless there is an issue with our website
- The office closes at 3 PM on Fridays. Any emails or voicemails after 3pm on Fridays will not be received until Monday morning
- Remember: You may register on site at the event if there is room and if you arrive early enough at check-in but it will increase your fee by an additional $10
- Inclement Weather
- If it is raining, you must show up at the beach, check-in, and be prepared to play
- If you chose not to play and we conduct the event, you will lose your entry fee
- Reminder: this is outdoor volleyball and the weather is a part of the game. Our commitment to those teams that may have traveled far and incurred expenses for lodging and more is to conduct the event if at all possible
- Sand does not become slippery like grass, and does not pose a safety concern. Be prepared to play!
- In most cases, it is the beach patrol/authorities, that will force us to call off an event. We try to play as long as we can.
- Cancellation Policies
- In the event that we do cancel an event PRIOR to the start, due to a hurricane, severe lightning or a similar weather condition, full refunds will be given to those who paid online. Once the event begins, refunds will NOT be issued.
- We will post on our Facebook page and email each registrant to advise you of any cancellations. We will not make a decision on a cancellation anytime prior to 6am, the day of. Beach weather is unpredictable and we want to make sure that we are making the right call.
- Please do not contact us with cancellation questions. We will contact you.
- Refund Policies
- There are no refunds, except for official event cancellations PRIOR to the start of an event
- Refunds will not be given for late arrivals under any circumstances
- Refunds will not be given once an event starts
- Divisions/Levels of Play:
Early Bird Registration
Juniors, B, A, AA
- Early Bird - Teams that sign up before midnight on the Tuesday prior to the event.
- Pre-Registration - Teams that sign up after midnight on Tuesday, but before 3:00pm on the Friday prior to an event.
- Walk-On - Teams can sign up on the day of the event but they will not be guaranteed a spot in the event.
- Event T-shirts
- Great competition with players from all over the region
- Play on the highest quality equipment made
- Fruit and water in our players tent (while supplies last)
- Chance to win awesome prizes supplied by our sponsors and GAV gear
- Food and drink specials at Signature events
There are no products listed under this category.