#justbecool so we can play all season long!
Is the price per player or per team?
- Per team! Please do not double pay.
- A double payment will be refunded with a 10% processing fee, so please communicate with your partner about who will register/pay.
Do I really need an AVP membership to play just this one tournament? What is going on with the new membership tiers? I can't figure out how to renew. My password won't work!
- Yes, everyone who participates must be an AVP member regardless of how many times you plan to play.
- SILVER membership or higher is required to participate in tournaments.
- Renewals default to GOLD. If you would like a different membership tier, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you use the forgot password link, take your new password to avp.com first and change the password there. Then it will work on avpamerica.com.
- Email email@example.com for all membership related issues.
Why can't I find my partner's name when I search?
- Your partner needs to renew their AVP membership before they will appear in the search. See above for renewal info.
I don't have a partner. Do you have anyone interested? Can I show up without a partner and expect to play?
- Join the Great American Volleyball Player Forum on Facebook and post to search for a partner.
- We do not typically have single players waiting to play the day of the tournament.
- We recommend securing a partner before driving to the beach.
When does registration close?
- Online registration closes at 3pm on Fridays.
- You can walk on to a tournament if you arrive before check in closes.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you decide to play after check in closes.
How much is it to play?
- All fees are per team.
- Early Bird (through Tuesday before the event)
- Open - $75
- All other divisions - $70
- Pre Registered (Wednesday through Friday before the event at 3pm)
- Open - $80
- All other divisions - $75
- Walk On (at the event, if there is space and you are on time)
- Open - $85
- All other divisions - $80
- Juniors divisions are $50/team if registered online and $60/team for a walk on.
Do you take credit cards? Venmo?
- Online payments must be submitted prior to 3pm the Friday before the tournament.
- Cash or check only at the beach.
- Checks payable to Great American Volleyball.
- No Venmo.
What do I get for my entry fee?
- Great competition with players from all over the region!
- Event shirt (sizes S/M/L/XL first come, first serve)
- Chance to win awesome prizes from GAV and our sponsors
Can you change my partner for me?
- No. Log in to your AVP account and scroll down to your current events. You can edit or delete an entry there.
- This must be done by 3pm the Friday before the event.
- If you are already logged in, scroll to the bottom and hit Player Login. It will bring you to your profile.
I registered, but now I can’t play. What should I do?
- Email email@example.com prior to 8am the day of the tournament.
- If you do not notify on time and by email, you will be charged the walk on fee at your next tournament.
- Texting a friend/staff member, sending a Facebook message and calling the GAV phone are NOT acceptable ways to notify us that you are not coming and will still result in you being charged the walk on fee at your next tournament.
It might rain. Will we still play? When will you cancel the event? Can you give me some inside information on what you might decide to do? What if I don’t want to play in this weather?
- Weather is part of the game. #youwontmelt
- You can assume the plan is to hold the event until you see otherwise.
- The weather forecast changes often, so we will not post a cancellation until 2 hours prior to the start of an event.
- We will email the current entries, along with post on Facebook and Instagram (@greatamericanvolleyball), if we decide to cancel.
- If the event starts in less than 2 hours and you have not seen a weather related update, you can assume the tournament is on.
- We will not respond to phone calls, texts, emails or Facebook messages about weather.
- If you choose not to play, the above player cancellation policies are in effect: you must email firstname.lastname@example.org by 8am if you do not plan to play to avoid paying the walk on fee at the next event.
- If we do cancel prior to the start of an event, all prepaid entry fees will be refunded.
- If we are forced by the beach patrol to cancel an event after play has already started, entry fees will be forfeited.
Do I have to pay to get on the beach? What about parking?
- There is a fee for beach access at most of our tournament locations and it is NOT included in your tournament entry fee.
- Depending on how far you’re willing to walk, you can park for free at most locations. Paid parking is available closer to the tournaments.
- Factor the potential walk time into your travel time, so you are not late to check in.
What time is check in? What if I’m late? Can I still play?
- Saturday: 8:00-8:30am.
- Sunday: 8:30-9:00am.
- Late arrivals cannot be accommodated.
- Both players must sign in together to receive shirts.
- You will not be put on a pool sheet unless both players are there and checked in on time.
What ball do we have to use? Can I get the new ball at the tournament?
- You are welcome to use ANY Wilson ball.
- If your net can't agree on which ball to use, default to the Optx ball. #justbecool
- We will not have balls available as prizes, so don't count on getting one through GAV.
My player profile says DNMP, but I took 3rd. Can you fix this?
- Results are not posted until at least the Wednesday after the event.
- You can tell if the results have been posted by clicking on the name of the tournament from your profile page. If the results page is blank, you'll know that the results have not been updated yet. If you see other teams with playoff finishes, but yours is incorrect, please contact us. Otherwise, wait until you see all finishes updated.
When will you post that photo you took of me and my partner?
- Winner Wednesday!
I used to have 213 points, but now I only have 187! What happened to my points?
- Ranking points are fluid throughout the season because they go by your best four finishes in the last 365 days.
- As time passes, tournaments drop out of the equation so your points may go down if one of your best finishes is outside of 365 days.
- *The eligible window may be different based on Covid adjustments so check the AVP America Rankings page for the most up to date info.